PLATFORM: PC (Windows)
DEVELOPER: Aterdux Entertainment
GENRE: Strategic RPG
RELEASE DATE: Q4, 2012
Legends of Eisenwald is a “Knight-errant simulation” set in a low-fantasy, gothic setting.
Essentially a blend of two distinct games into one epic experience, a beautifully detailed strategy map provides the setting for finding & taking quests, recruiting troops, and choosing siege or visit castles. Once the player assaults an enemy force, or is waylaid in the wilds, they are taken right down into the battlefield, where they control their forces in a deep yet superbly streamlined turn-based combat simulator.
- Two distinct forms of gameplay – Questing and strategic planning, plus tactical turn-based battles.
- Low-fantasy, gothic setting driven by human motivations not mystical powers
- Lush strategic map of the gritty and gothic Duchy of Eisenwald, boasting unsurpassed detail for the genre.
- Tightly-refined battle system that swiftly leads to grizzly or glorious results.
- Three classes to choose for your hero – Knight, Mystic or Baroness.
- Deep skill-trees and countless options for customising your character & army.
- Compelling variety of quests, based around realistic human motivations and goals, with real choices and consequences.
Aterdux Entertainment first formed as a team of four passionate gamers back in 2002 in Belarus, with a penchant for both role-playing and strategy games. Their first project was an intensely challenging strategic RPG, Discord Times, which they successfully self-published in 2004. An updated version of their debut game was then released by Alawar Entertainment in 2007.
With a desire to go bigger and better, the Aterdux team reassembled in 2010, and acquired some new members to help them embark on the quest to help evolve the idea behind Discord Times into a game more worthy of their ambitions – Legends of Eisenwald. After bringing the game to alpha, the studio then successfully impressed gamers via Kickstarter and acquired the funds needed to realise their visions.
Having developed their own game engine from the ground up, including impressive editing tools that surpasses those many AAA studios develop, Aterdux are now perfectly positioned to make their mark on the world of PC gaming. Their passion and encyclopedic knowledge for role-playing games and turn-based strategy leaves them poised to produce a wonderfully refined blend of many pioneering titles into a gaming experience that provides incredible depth, in a beautifully streamlined format.